Sunday, January 8, 2012

Dropkick Recon

This is an old post from an OLD blog. This is a recon I did a few summers ago that I did not do a video for, so I wanted to share it here. Here is the post, copied word for word from the old blog:

S*** IS F***ED UP!
December 30, 2008 was my first ever real, buy tickets, go to the venue, touring concert. That was Trans Siberian Orchestra. BUT TONIGHT The Offspring are in Cleveland and Dropkick Murphys are opening! Woooo! Allen gave me one of his old shirts to wear tonight, and of course it didn't fit, so I fixed it and now it looks like this.















Anddd I made the choker. But yeah, I'm super excited for this concert. I. Heart. Offspring. So, you know, I have to buy one of their shirts now.

This was a really simple recon. This was a boy's medium t-shirt, or maybe a large. I cut off the sleeves, sewed up the sides to make the tube fit me snugly, hemmed around the sleeve holes, and cut a straight line down perpendicular to the collar to form a slitted neckline. I then poked small holes in the corners of the flaps that were formed and used scraps of t-shirt fabric to tie the corners back, around the arm bands, to form the cute, tied sleeves you see in the photos. These days I wear the shirt with the flaps un-tied, but tied to each other at the top. So there is still a slit but it covers my front and keeps me a bit warmer.


Thanks for reading, and until next time,
Happy Snipping!
-C-

No comments:

Post a Comment